I’ve been so excited to post this one! I tried this recipe out last year and just tweaked it a bit to make it even healthier this time… Forgot how easy these little guys are 🙂
2/3 cups of all natural creamy peanut butter (you need the all natural stuff so you can get the right consistency with the natural oils!)
3 tbsp unsweetened 100% cacao powder
5 tbsp melted organic coconut oil
optional: I added about 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup and 2 tsp of vanilla extract split between the top and bottom layer for sweetness!
1. Line your muffin pan with your muffin liners. This recipe makes 8 peanut butter cups. Spray your liners with coconut oil spray. I do this to be safe but you’re probably fine without it since there is coconut oil in the recipe.
2. Stir your bottom layer (chocolate) ingredients together: 1/3 cup of peanut butter, 3 tbsp cacao powder, 2.5 tbsp coconut oil. (Add in your maple syrup & vanilla extract if desired)
3. In a separate bowl, stir your top layer (peanut butter) together: 1/3 cup peanut butter, 2.5 tbsp coconut oil. (Add in your maple syrup & vanilla extract if desired)
4. Scoop about 1 tbsp of your chocolate mix to the bottom of your muffin liners. Once filled, shake your pans until the layer is even at the bottom. Repeat for your top peanut butter layer. Tap until your cups are even.
5. Place those muffin tins in the freezer for about 30 min. Voila! Keep ’em in the freezer to have the rest for later.